The Family Field is a fantastic area situated in a more secluded part of the farm away from the campsite, next door to our beautiful Match Lake.
Ideally suited to groups, large family bookings or for those wishing for a more private camping experience in our beautiful corner of West Sussex.
The hire of the Family Field includes exclusive use of this particular part of Sumners with it’s very own mini Shower Block, Toilets, electric hook-up and Fire Pit provided.
Booking the Family Field:
The “Family Field” can be booked online. For any booking enquiries or any booking amendments please contact the Bookings Team at the Sumners Ponds Reception.
Bookings are permitted in the “Family Field” under prior arrangement only, regrettably no “walk-ins” will be permitted.
The Family Field is available for the following units;
- Trailer Tents
Caravans and Motorhomes are not permitted to stay in the Family Field.
There is a maximum group booking size of no more than 10 units and 24 people to stay in the Family Field with 2 nights minimum stay for all bookings.
The Family Field is NOT to be used for parties, day events, illegal or commercial purposes.
We ask that you and your group behave in a responsible manner at all times, any anti- social behaviour will not be accepted. We DO NOT permit Stag or Hen Party bookings at Sumners Ponds.
The arrival time is any time after 13.00pm and departure is before 12.00 midday. We ask that all arrivals are here before 8.00pm as we reserve the right to refuse entry after this time.
Please Note: Sumners Ponds reserve the right to close the Family Field at our discretion if weather conditions pose a threat to campers
Family Field Rules and Guidelines:
We hate rules!…. But, in order for everyone to enjoy their stay and to remain safe, we have to enforce the following;
- A fire pit is supplied for customer use. Guests are required to bring their own burning materials. Strictly NO foraging for firewood, the forest deadwood is a habitat for insects and plants. Anyone found to be foraging fuel from the site will lose their deposit.
- Please keep your fire to a sensible size and do not burn your plastics or rubbish.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- No more than one vehicle may be parked on a pitch at any one time. This is a condition of our license. Any other vehicles must be parked in the main Campsite Carpark.
- At least one member of each booking must be aged 25 years or over.
- Gazebos are allowed but no marquees please
- Please ensure that you are quiet after 10.30pm
- Hire of the Family Field does not include Day Tickets or Night Fishing
- No vehicle movement after 11pm and before 7am. If you do need to drive between these times please park in the Front Carpark.
- No joy riding or use of leisure vehicles such as Quadbikes, Go-Carts, off road motorcycles etc. Anyone caught doing so will be asked to leave immediately without a refund.
- We do not permit the playing of loud music, day or night
- Dogs are to be kept on a lead at all times around the camping areas and the fishing lakes. Please ensure that you clean up after your Dog and use the Poo Bins provided
- To comply with Fire Regulations all units must be spaced at least 6 metres apart. Any pitches found to be sited within 6 metres of each other will be asked to move.
- Please note that the on site speed limit is 5mph
The Family Field is a 2 Night Minimum stay at £315 per night.
All prices include VAT at the prevailing rate.
We also require a Security deposit of £250 paid by card for all Family Field bookings. This is payable on arrival and will then be returned on departure.
Fishing is not included in the cost of hire of the Family Field. Fishing Tickets can be purchased when you arrive.
Please note that all funds paid are non-refundable. Cancellations or amendments must be made at least seven days before the original arrival date to qualify for credit otherwise all funds will be lost. Terms and conditions apply.