If you’re thinking of booking a caravan holiday, or you’ve already booked one, check out our caravan holiday packing list below!
We run through what you should leave in your caravan, and what you should bring with you.
Caravan holiday packing list – What to keep in your caravan
To make sure you always have the necessities, we recommend leaving the below items in your caravan. This means you’ll never get caught short if you need to go to the toilet or have drinking water! Below is our caravan packing list:
- Toilet chemicals
- Large water container and carrier
- Water pump
- Large waste container
- Gas bottle & regulator
- Fire blanket/extinguisher
- Hitch lock and cover (this will also help reduce your caravan insurance)
- Mains lead and adapter
- Towing mirrors (these make it easier to see past the caravan, as most cars aren’t as wide/wider)
- Spare tyre and pump
- Good quality outdoor table and camping chairs
- First aid kit (including plasters, pain medication, antiseptic wipes, blister plasters, etc.)
- Reusable plates, bowls, and cups (if you’re trying to be more eco-friendly like us, read our blog on how to be sustainable eco-friendly whilst camping)
- Reusable cutlery
- Cooking utensils
- Bin liners
- Toilet roll
Caravan holiday packing list – What to bring with you
Below is our caravan holiday checklist of the things we recommend you bring with you on your caravan holiday. You can buy an extra set of the below and leave them in there, but this can get quite expensive (it all adds up!)
- Bedding (including duvet, pillows, blankets)
- Washing up liquid
- Shampoo & conditioner, shower gel, and any other toiletries
- Insect repellent and after bite
- Walking boots/wellies
- Antibacterial wipes/spray
- Kitchen roll
- Tool kit
- Mini hoover/dustpan and brush
- Chopping boards
- Pots and pans
- Oven gloves
- Tea towels
- Tin opener and bottle opener
- Phone chargers
Campervan vs Caravan
If you’re unsure about whether to get a campervan or caravan, read our informative blog here where we discuss the differences and the benefits of each.
Touring and camping at Sumners Ponds
Sumners Ponds Fishery and Campsite in West Sussex is a unique and beautiful spot set in the tranquil countryside amongst 100 acres of lakes, woodland, and pasture.
Perfect for a family holiday, a couple’s retreat, or a short break to recoup. Sumners Ponds has many different types of accommodation, from camping and caravan sites to pods, from lodges with fishing to shepherd’s huts, from safari tents to family fields!
The campsite itself boasts high-quality campsite facilities, acres of woodland, a working farm, and fishing lakes. All this in a beautiful and secluded setting which is perfect for just relaxing, or for the more active, exploring the many footpaths and safe cycleways within and around the site.
Our campsite and all accommodations are dog-friendly, which means you can have your four-legged friend right beside you!
We also have The Cafe by the Lake, which is our restaurant and bar that is open to both those staying on-site and the general public. We aim to provide the highest standard of food and service.
Book your stay today:
Tel: 01403 732539